Tuesday, July 30, 2024

 If I had Wisdom


The wise have spaces to fill

The clever have narratives to spin

The rest of us are here

The waiting game ours


Wisdom helps one sift the lies

And cleverness helps one see the shadowy figures

What the rest have makes them see grey

Their world moves round


The expanding circles of guilt

Stonewall the rest

But the wise don't rest on the spin

And the clever roar in laughter


We wail at the sight of pain

Wishing someone had told us 

While the wise see round corners

And the clever bend to let the winds howl past


Wisdom has no agile feet

And cleverness thinks before it moves

The rest rest on their laurels

Waiting for the swamp to drain


Oh, had I wisdom

I would not crave cleverness

I would not join the rest

I would be floating in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am writing this to make your blogg better, so kindly listen